As much as I love french toast, there is nothing wrong with mixing it up once in a while. Also, in my opinion, this is a much quicker and easier way to get perfect french toast every time.
The great thing about french toast is how versatile it is and that any combos, savoury or sweet, will taste like a dream. A few of my favourites include banana and blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, also topping it with sliced peaches and coconut flakes tastes amazing too.
As with most things the key is in how you flavour your food up, otherwise, you’d just be eating bland, strangely shaped ‘eggy bread’. With this french toast, I used MyProtein Toffee flavdrops and drizzled the french toast in Bulkpowders blueberry syrup. I then added some Greek yoghurt, blueberries, banana slices and coconut flakes.
This went down an absolute treat and is a great take on a classic weekend breakfast. Below is the recipe.
- 2 slices of bread (I use Tesco Finest high protein farmhouse)
- One free range egg
- vanilla extract/ Toffee Flavdrops
- Your choice of toppings
- Whisk the egg together, and add extract/flavouring
- Dip the bread into the whisked egg, ensuring both sides are equally covered
- Place both slices of bread into a waffle machine and leave to cook for approximately 2.5 – 3 minutes
- Serve, and add your choice of toppings
(for the french toast only)
- 242 calories
- 20.1g carbs
- 16.6g protein
- 9.8g fat
I hope you have a lovely weekend and an even nicer breakfast,
Jazzy B ❤