I’ve recently become so obsessed with using pasta alternatives such as edamame or black bean spaghetti! I prefer it to whole wheat spaghetti, as it actually offers nutritional benefits such as 22g of protein per 50g (amazing!) plus it’s also lower in carbohydrates, with only 16g per 100g. Also, it is gluten-free, vegan, and a great source of fiber! Basically, I have come to love the stuff and so I really wanted to share a yummy recipe with you all so you could give it a go too!
This dish is one of my absolute favourites to make because it is quick, simple, and budget-friendly. You can find the pasta alternative in most supermarkets such as Aldi and Tesco, if not you can buy it online from Holland & Barrett.
- Edamame or black bean spaghetti
- Tinned mackerel in tomato sauce
- Sundried tomatoes
- Fresh tomatoes
- Red or white onions (diced)
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Basil (fresh)
- In a frying pan sauté the onions for a few minutes, then add the fresh tomatoes and fry for a further two minutes
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti (this cooks very quickly, and so it should only take between 5-8 minutes
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to to the frying pan
- turn the heat down to a lower setting, and add all other remaining ingredients and spices
- Serve and enjoy!
(I also added mushrooms and mangetout to my dish!)
- 319 calories (per serving, sharing the mackerel between two dishes)
- 14.9g carbs
- 10.2g Fat
- 31.9g protein
You can also add any other veggies to this dish such as broccoli or top the dish with avocado, which also works really well. I hope you enjoy this healthy pasta dish,
Jazzy B ❤