I love having pancakes for breakfast so much, that I’ve created a vegan version of my Protein Pancakes. I’ve not yet met a person that doesn’t love pancakes for brekkie, so thought I’d share the pancake love with you all, vegan style.
Although not a vegan myself, I have nothing but admiration for those who are! Having tried a lot of vegan pancakes recipes they tend to use fancy and expensive ingredients, which is great if you’re planning to have pancakes some other day and are willing to buy the ingredients, but if you’re like me…I want them when I crave them ;). Therefore, this recipe uses very basic ingredients which you’ll probably have lying around in your kitchen anyway.
These lemon pancakes, are exactly like the classic pancake day combo of lemon and sugar, except a lot healthier and you can eat them for breakfast.
Serves 1, making 6 – 8 small pancakes.
- 45g of oats (blitzed into a powder)
- 1/2 a ripe banana, chopped
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice, plus extra for flavouring
- Agave nectar syrup
- 75-80ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp of Alpro Go On yoghurt
- 1tbsp of chia/poppy seeds
- Blitz the oats into a powder
- Add all the other ingredients into the blender (adding the milk bit by bit)
- Pour the batter into a preheated pan with some coconut oil, as these take longer to cook than my other pancakes
- Stack them up, top with more Alpro yogurt, lemon juice, and drizzle agave nectar all over.
- It really helps to have a good non-stick pan when making pancakes.
- Always preheat your pan on a low heat whilst blending all the ingredients.
- Add some coconut oil to the pan after each mini batch of pancakes.
- Only flip the pancakes when lots of bubbles appear on the surface, and you should get perfect vegan pancakes…can you tell I’ve made these a lot?!
- 359 calories
- 40.7g carbs
- 14.5g protein
- 13.1g fat
Jazzy B ❤