Protein balls have become a big thing, and after making these, I can see just why. Think gooey brownie bites with a hint of caramel and that’s what these beauties taste like.
I find the snack so convenient to make ahead, especially as they last for up to 4 days in an airtight container, so you know exactly what to have next time the chocci cravings call.
I’ve experimented a lot with this recipe, but this was definitely my favourite batch as the texture is like cookie dough, making them so moreish. Also, they’re great when rolled in coconut, as all the flavours work brilliantly together. If you prefer protein balls less gooey, then you could always increase the oats and water.
This recipe uses cacao powder instead of cocoa powder, as it’s less refined meaning you’ll also be getting a good dose of magnesium and antioxidants…a winner all round!
This recipe makes 8 balls,
- 15g of oats
- 10 pitted dates
- 40ml water
- 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut
- 2 heaped tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 scoop of chocolate caramel protein powder
- Add all the dry ingredients into a food processor whilst slowly adding in the water
- When the mixture clumps together, then you can start rolling into 8 even balls
- Roll the balls in some desiccated coconut or flaked almonds, if you like.
(Per Ball with desiccated coconut)
- 88 calories
- 11.6g carbs
- 4.8g protein
- 2.6g fat
I hope this recipe works for you all, and good luck having just one 😉
Jazzy B ❤