Despite the title…this is actually a healthy, high-protein, yummy alternative.
I love baking, however recently I haven’t been able to bake as much as I would have like to, what with uni and work keeping me busy. However, no matter how busy I am, I can always spare some time to make this treat. Also, it’s a great way to use up those sad, overripe bananas that no one likes!
Another thing that I love about banana bread is that it will last for a good 3-4 days in an airtight container, so I know it’s always there when I need my 3pm-pick-me-up.
So here’s the recipe for this weekend treat, I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do 🙂
- 85g of wholemeal flour
- 50g of oats
- 1 & 1/2 scoops of salted caramel protein powder or chocolate (6 smaller scoops for Protein Worlds powder)
- 1/ & 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of Maca powder (optional, but adds to the caramel taste)
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and lightly grease a loaf tin
- Combine all of the dry ingredients
- Add the mashed banana, egg whites, and yogurt and mix together
- Place any toppings of your choice on top (I used pumpkin seeds, oats, banana slices, and a drizzle of agave nectar)
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven for between 25-35 minutes
Per Slice (serves approximately 10-11 slices):
- 85 calories
- 12g carbs
- 6.3g protein
- 1.1g fat
Jazzy B ❤