Smoothie bowls are one of my go-to breakfasts, they’re a great way to pack in your micro nutrients, and whats more they’re surprisingly filling.
I like my smoothie bowls like a mousse, there is nothing worse than a ‘sinking’ smoothie bowl where all your toppings just sink to the bottom…certainly not instaworthy ;).
However, there is a knack to making these bowls, I only use the same amount of fruit as I would eat in one sitting otherwise, what with all the toppings, they can end up a fruity calorie bomb. I would also recommend buying a protein powder that will compliment any fruit combination such as vanilla or berries and cream.
The following recipe makes one smoothie bowl.
- 2 handfuls of fruit (frozen fruit makes it more creamy)
- 80-140ml of your choice of milk
- 2 tbsp of natural yogurt
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used berries & cream)
- Your choice of toppings
- Place the fruit, yogurt, and milk in a blender
- Once blended, then add the protein powder and blend for a further 30 seconds
- Serve and add your choice of toppings.
- 200 calories
- 3g fat
- 15.8g carbs
- 26g protein
Jazzy B ❤