Forget #Stackurday…hello stack ’em high Sunday!
There is nothing better than the smell of pancakes being cooked on a Sunday morning, especially if they’re chocolate orange flavoured! I love the fact that with pancakes the possibilities are endless, you can pretty much throw any flavour combos together and it will still work.
Sunday breakfast is one of my favourite weekend meals, the midweek morning rush is over, and now the time to enjoy a delicious breakfast has come. These healthy pancakes are so easy to make and are packed full of protein, so why not give them a go?
Serves 1, (5-6 small pancakes)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a ripe banana, chopped
- 30g oats
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of natural yogurt
- 50-60ml of your choice of milk
- 1 scoop of chocolate orange protein powder*
- coconut oil (or oil of your choice) for the pan
*If you don’t have this, you could use orange extract and 1tbsp of cacao powder
- Put the oats in a blender and blitz to a flour
- Add the egg and banana and blitz for a further 30 seconds
- Once mixed, add the remaining ingredients (I would recommend adding the almond milk in small amounts, as I’ve found this can vary a lot.)
- Once you’ve got a batter consistency, pour the mix straight from the blender into a pre-heated pan (low-medium heat) with some coconut oil in
- Flip the pancakes when lots of bubbles appear on the surface
- Repeat and stack ’em up!
- 375 calories
- 8.1g fat
- 37.9g carbs
- 36.1g protein
(for the pancakes only)
Jazzy B ❤